Eski Mosque, Edirne
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains two regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and three infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 346 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0133/124 (Eski Mosque, Edirne, Turkey) from [wadei] (1414AD, 816AH)
- Alamy photo (Yesil Cami, Bursa, Turkey. (Green mosque)) from [pc] (1419-21AD, 822-4AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0207 (Uc Serefi Mosque, Edirne, Turkey) from [wadei] (1447AD, 850AH)
- Figure 5 (Capilia Real of the Convento de Santo Domingo, Spain) from [makov] (1550-30AD, 957-36AH)
- Part 4 (Fatehpur Sikri, Friday Mosque, India. Inlaid marble on the side walls of the embowed entrance to the Baland Darwaza) from [smith2] (1571AD, 978AH)
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 4