Alhambra ceiling, Sala del Mexuar
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains three regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 201 polygons.
- Photo from Eve Andersson (Alhambra, Sala del Mexuar, Spain. Ceiling) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]