Textile fragment, 14th century; Nasrid
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains three squares.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 297 polygons.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (29.22) (No location, Spain. Nasrid, Textile fragment) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (14th century AD)