A window in the Great Mosque, Damascus
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains three regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular three-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60° - composed of kites.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 206 polygons.
- Photo by Dick Osseman (Great Mosque, Damascus, Syria. A window) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]