Door, Christian district of Damascus
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The pattern could also be repeated by reflection along to two vertical lines, marking the limit of the doors.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 279 polygons.
- Photo by Dick Osseman (Damascus, Syria. Door, Christian district) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]