Khargird Madrasah, Khorasan
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The actual pattern is Timurid madrasa of Khargird, Khorasan.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains one regular four-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 139 polygons.
- Photo by B.O'Kane (base pattern) (Khargird Madrasah, Khorasan, Iran. Timurid) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1438-44AD, 841-7AH)