Istanbul Topkapi museum
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 21 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains 26 regular pentagons.
- Contains two regular 10-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 14 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has 7 finite interlaces and four infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 935 polygons.
- Dick Osseman photo (Topkapi museum, Istanbul, Turkey) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]