After Sultan Ahmed Mosque
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 17 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains 21 regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 10 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition with straight cross-overs, but interlace counts not determined.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 2161 polygons.
- Photo by Miroslaw Majewski (Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey. (with changes),) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 2