Sultan Ahmed Mosque
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains four regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains five regular pentagons.
- Contains two regular five-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 36°.
- Contains two regular 10-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 9 non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 939 polygons.
- Photo by Miroslaw Majewski (Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]