Panel from Suleymaniye Mosque
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *2222 (pmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains one regular pentagon.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 10 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has four finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 317 polygons.
- Photo sent in (Suleymaniye Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey. Panel) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1550-8AD, 957-65AH)