Mosque of Qijmas Al-Ishaqi, Cairo, Egypt
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
See the related pattern Bourgoin, Plate 136.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 2.5°.
- Contains one regular 9-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 40°.
- Contains one regular 18-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite) and two reflective pairs.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 292 polygons.
- Photo by Wael Elsafty (Amir Qijmas al-Ishaqi, Cairo, Egypt. Minbar) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings