al-Suhaymi House, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular three-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 30°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 227 polygons.
- Photo from Ayman Soliman (al-Suhaymi House, Cairo, Egypt. Ceiling) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1648-1796AD, 1058-1211AH)