Fatehpur Sikri, The Turkish Sultana's House
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 503 polygons.
- Part I, Plate IV (Fatehpur Sikri, Turkish Sultana's House, India) of E W Smith,. The Moghul Architecture of Fathpur-Sikri, Archaeological Survey of India, 1896. [smith2] (1571AD, 978AH)