(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Upper pattern is Alhambra Museum, and lower pattern Qur'an, Mamluk
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 442 (p4).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 916 polygons.
- Part II, Plate ? (Fatehpur Sikri, Salim Chishti's Tomb, India) of E W Smith,. The Moghul Architecture of Fathpur-Sikri, Archaeological Survey of India, 1896. [smith2] (1581AD, 989AH)
Collections of similar tilings