Exhibit at British Museum
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 173 polygons.
- Photo from Dirk Brooms (Wooden panel from medieval Sicily) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1125-95AD, 518-90AH)