Friday mosque, Varzaneh
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
See also Gur-e Amir, Mausoleum, Samarkand.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 7.5°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 75°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 105°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 385 polygons.
- Flickr photo (Friday mosque, Varzaneh, Iran) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same irregular tiles: 2