Roman mosaic, Tebessa
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The version from Tebessa is heavily ornamented.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 90°.
- Contains two squares.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling does not satisfy the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- The tiling satisfies the two-polygon condition.
- As drawn, contains about 37 polygons.
- Page 105, top panel (Shir Dar madrasah, Samarkand, Central Asia. Facade) from [scerrato] (1619-36AD, 1028-45AH)
- Figure 10, top centre, page 7 from [gands]
- Figure I.10.2 from [gands]
- Figure K 9b and Figure K 10a (Opposed windwheels, Residence, Chengtu, Szechwan, 1875 AD) from [dye]
- PP Class 72, [p4g,c4,d2], IH Class 73 from [dawes]
- Pl 140 (b) (Tebessa) from [balmelle]