Roman mosaic, Ampurias
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two squares.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 167 polygons.
- Arcnet site 2121 (Tomb of Ismail Samani, Central Asia. Earliest example) from [pc]
- Page 1 (top) from [cahier]
- Page 41 (From Santa Maria in Cosmedin in Rome) from [field2]
- Pl 120 (c) (Ampurias) from [balmelle]
- Plate XXX(36) also XXXV(2) (Byzantine ornament, from Hessemer) from [jones]
- page 74 (With slightly different colours, St Maria Maggiore, Rome 431-1750) from [hessemer]