Bourgoin, Plate 164
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 25.71 (π/7)°.
- Contains one regular heptagon.
- Contains one regular 14-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 51.42 (2π/7)°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and three infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 373 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 0933 (Wikala al-Ghuri, Cairo, Egypt. One of the entry doors) from [wadei] (1503-5AD, 908-10AH)
- Page 326 from [abas]
- Plate 164 from [bourgoin]
- Plate 67 (French Embassy, Cairo, Egypt. Door inlaid with ivory) from [collin]
Collections of similar tilings