Bourgoin, Plate 173
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains one regular pentagon.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 225 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1607 (al-Maridani, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1337-9AD, 737-9AH)
- Colour Plate VII from [bourgoin]
- Figure 67b from [elsaid]
- Plate 173 from [bourgoin]
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same irregular tiles: 25