Mosque of Gowhar, Mashhad
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains one regular pentagon.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 125 polygons.
- Dick Osseman's web site (Esrefoglu Suleyman Bey, Beysehir, Turkey. Door) from [pc] (1296-1302AD, 695-701AH)
- Photo 269 (black and white) third arch (Mosque of Gowhar, Mashhad, Iran. Court) from [pope] (1418AD, 821AH)
- Photo from M Bulut (Buriciye madrasah, Sivas, Turkey) from [pc]
- Photo from M Bulut (Sircali mosque, Konya, Turkey) from [pc]
- Photo from M Bulut (Tomb, Kırkkızlar, Niksar, Turkey) from [pc]