Toledo, Convent of Santo Domingo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 1.5°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 78°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular 20-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 36°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles (including 3 kites) and one reflective pair.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 449 polygons.
- 308:107-1866 (Toledo, Spain. Tin-glazed earthenware) from [vami] (1475-1525AD, 879-931AH)
- Plates 202b, 203a (Convent of Santo Domingo, Toledo, Spain) from [pavon] (1577AD, 985AH)
- From Andalucia photograph (Modern tiling at Al-hambra Palace Hotel, Colour from the original) from [pc]
- Plate 149a and d (front of alter, floor tiles) (Catedral Nueva, Salamanca,Spain) from [pavon]
Collections of similar tilings