Great Mosque, Thatta
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular three-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 420 polygons.
- Figure 13 (Great Mosque, Divrigi, Turkey) from [aslanapa] (1241AD, 638AH)
- Page 267, bottom (Great Mosque, Thatta, Pakistan) from [degeorge2] (1647AD, 1057AH)
- Fig 7.3a from [ww]
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1513 (al-Hakim, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei]
- Table 25 (Sultan Han, Turkey) from [erdmann]
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 91.1.2064 (Cairo, Egypt. Pair of doors, Mamluk) from [pc]