Madrasah/Bimaristan of Qalawun, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one equilateral triangle.
- Contains one regular hexagon.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are four non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 447 polygons.
- Archnet photo (Imam al-Shafi'i, Cairo, Egypt. Qubba) from [pc] (1211AD, 607AH)
- Photo from David Wade: EGY 1110 (Qalawun, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1279AD, 677AH)
- Photo by Ayman Soliman (Qalawun, Cairo, Egypt) from [pc] (1284-5AD, 682-3AH)
- Vol 2, page 23 (Taybars, Cairo, Egypt) from [wahhab] (1309AD, 708AH)
Collections of similar tilings