al-Ashraf Barsbay, Qibla iwan, main door of minbar
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 11.25°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 16-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are 9 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 557 polygons.
- Photo Internet (al-Ashraf Barsbay, Cairo, Egypt. No colour in original) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1425-33AD, 828-36AH)