Tomb of Moulay Ishmael, Meknes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 10°.
- Contains one regular 9-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 80°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 373 polygons.
- British Library postcard of or.1405,f.400a. (Koran, Morocco) from [pc] (1568AD, 975AH)
- Photo by David Wade: MOR 0833 (Tomb of Moulay Ishmael, Meknes. Morocco) from [wadei] (18th century AD)
- Fig 14.6c from [ww]
- Page 193 from [abas]
- Page 42 from [cahier]
Collections of similar tilings