Ornamental endpiece from a Qur'an
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- Growth dynamic build of this pattern.
- Random dynamic build of this pattern.
- Structured dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 10°.
- Contains one regular 9-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 40°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 575 polygons.
- postcard (Ornamental panel from a Koran, Morocco, British Library, or.1405,f.400a.) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1568AD, 975AH)
Collections of similar tilings