al-Rifa'i mosque, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 281 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus, F6820 (al-Rifa'i mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Eastern portal of south faÃ§ade, marble floor) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1869-1910AD, 1286-1328AH)