Zayn al-Din Yusuf, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 1.5°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 111°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 363 polygons.
- Thesaurus Islamicus (Zayn al-Din Yusuf, Cairo, Egypt. Blind window) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1298AD, 697AH)