Fatehpur Sikri, Salim Chishti's Tomb
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
The base pattern is Bourgoin, Plate 16, top left, and the upper pattern Alhambra, Bano Real (slightly different proportions).
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one regular three-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 488 polygons.
- Part II, Plate XXVIII (Fatehpur Sikri, Salim Chishti's Tomb, India) of E W Smith,. The Moghul Architecture of Fathpur-Sikri, Archaeological Survey of India, 1896. [smith2] (1581AD, 989AH)
Collections of similar tilings