Saadian Tombs, Marrakech
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 22.5°.
- Contains two regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 45°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains two regular 16-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 45°.
- There are 13 non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites) and two reflective pairs.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 877 polygons.
- Pages 74/75 (Saadian Tombs, Marrakesh, Morocco) from [degeorge2] (1603AD, 1011AH)
- Photo by David Wade: MOR 1205 (Saadian Tombs, Marrakesh, Morocco) from [wadei] (1603AD, 1011AH)
- Page 67 (This pattern is from Morocco, see The Guardian Weekend, January 30th 1999 (exact location not given)) from [wade]
- Vol 1, page 54 from [paccard]