Wall mosaic, Kairouan, Tunisia
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 7.5°.
- Contains one regular three-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 105°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 114 polygons.
- Page 198, Fig. 62a (Gok madrasah, Amasya, Turkey) from [bonner] (1266-7AD, 664-5AH)
- Page 83 (Construction specified in book is incorrect) from [wade]
- Photo 190 (From Internet site, uses these colours) from [d-avennes]
- Plate 53 (Wall mosaic, Kairouan, Tunisia) from [collin]