Kites from Hafez's tomb
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- Growth dynamic build of this pattern.
- Random dynamic build of this pattern.
- Structured dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *10• (d10).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 16 regular pentagons.
- There are 7 non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 5501 polygons.
- Internet photo (Hafez's tomb, Shiraz, Iran. Pattern in kites, suitably consistently extended) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1935AD, 1354AH)