Vakil Mosque, Shiraz
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- Growth dynamic build of this pattern.
- Random dynamic build of this pattern.
- Structured dynamic build of this pattern.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 10 regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has three finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 465 polygons.
- Photo from Miroslaw Majewski (Vakil Mosque, Shiraz, Iran) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1751-79AD, 1164-93AH)