Alhambra, Patio de los Arrayanes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Ceramic dados in the north and south porticos of the Patio de los Arrayanes, and in the alcove in the SE corner (corresponding surfaces in the SW corner alcove are now blank). Colours are very varied: white, black, honey-brown, blue and green. A similar pattern is found in the tepidarium of the Royal Bath House. See also title.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 85 polygons.
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 0111 (Alhambra, Patio de los Arrayanes, Spain) from [wadei] (1232-1417AD, 629-820AH)
- Page 299 from [abas]
- Page 32 (bottom) from [cahier]
- Page 48, right pattern (Alhambra, Patio de los Arrayanes, Spain) from [degeorge2]