Great Mosque, Tlemcen
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are three non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 152 polygons.
- Plate 327 (Great Mosque, Tlemcen, Algeria. Original is interlaced without colour, window decoration) from [humbert] (12th century AD)
- Page 151 (From manuscript) from [necipoglu] (1206AD, 602AH)
- Page 241, Fig. 105e (Cast metal door in the Book on the Knowledge of Ingenious Mechanical Devices by Ismail ibn al-Razzaz al-Jazari) from [bonner] (1206AD, 602AH)
- Fig A.1 from [ww]