Bourgoin, Plate 179
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Common and widespread.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains five regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains two regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has four finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 341 polygons.
This pattern has variants as indicated below.
- Photo by Verity Cridland (Huamt Hattun Madrasah-mosque, Kayseri, Turkey. Plaster carvings within the Iwan (Seljuq architecture, Islamic portal facade) from [pc] (1178-1243AD, 573-640AH)
- Figure 90 (Sultan Han, Konya Road, Turkey. Inner porch) from [aslanapa] (1229AD, 626AH)
- Figure 74 (Sunqur Sa'di, Cairo, Egypt) from [hill2] (1315-21AD, 714-20AH)
- Photo by Miroslaw Majewski (Serefeli Mosque, Edirne, Turkey) from [pc] (1419-21AD, 822-4AH)
- Photo by Miroslaw Majewski (Muradiye Cami, Edirne, Turkey) from [pc] Variant A(1435-6AD, 838-9AH)
- Flickr photo (Kok Gumbaz Mosque and Dorut Tilyovat Complex, Shakhrisabz, Central Asia) from [pc] Variant B(1437AD, 840AH)
- Flickr photo (Sabil-Kuttab, Qaytbay, Cairo, Egypt) from [pc] (1477AD, 881AH)
- Page 62, Fig 2.63 and 5.92 (Lid of Qur'an box of Ottman Sultan Selim II) from [broug2] Variant A(1566-74AD, 973-82AH)
- Photo from Richard Henry (Havatan Turbesi - Tomb of Havatan, Istanbul, Turkey) from [pc] Variant A(1627AD, 1036AH)
- E.3845:174-1938 (Cairo, Egypt. Sketchbook by James Wild) from [vami]
- Fig 11.11a, Fig 12.3a-c from [ww]
- Internet photo 313 (Left: house sidi yusuf bronze interior door: view 14thc) from [d-avennes]
- Internet photo The Metropolitan Museum of Art (No location, Dado panel, Egypt. (1970.327.8), Polychrome marble mosaic) from [pc] Variant A
- Page 314 from [abas]
- Page40, photo 22 (Gunbad-i 'Alaviyan, Hamadan, Iran) from [bonner] Variant A
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 0810 (Sabil-Kuttab, Qaytbay, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 0932/0935 (Wikala al-Ghuri, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: LOU 029 (Egypt) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: LOU 083 (Egypt) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0731 (Hatuniye complex, Kayseri, Turkey) from [wadei]
- Plate 179 from [bourgoin]
Collections of similar tilings