Marble mosaic panel
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 7 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains three regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has five finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 577 polygons.
- Flickr photo (Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc] (1609-16AD, 1018-25AH)
- Sale item at Christies (No location, Mamluk or early Ottoman period, Cairo, Egypt. A geometric polychrome marble mosaic panel, 15th-17th century) of Not specific. Personal Communication, Information sent to the author, 21c. [pc]