Bourgoin, Plate 182
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains 7 regular two-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 72°.
- Contains three regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 72°.
- There are 8 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has five finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 493 polygons.
This pattern has variants as indicated below.
- Page 239 (Qanibay al-Sayfi, Cairo, Egypt. Panel of minbar) from [okane2] Variant B(1503AD, 908AH)
- Flickr photo (Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey) from [pc] Variant A Variant B Variant C(1609-16AD, 1018-25AH)
- John Warburton-Lee Photography / Alamy (al-Rifa'i mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Detail of decoration on the minbar) from [pc] Variant A(1869-1910AD, 1286-1328AH)
- Thesaurus Islamicus Foundation F6886 (Shaykh Abu Shibak, Cairo, Egypt. Detail of south door of Mausoleum) from [pc] Variant A(1869-1910AD, 1286-1328AH)
- Thesaurus Islamicus Foundation (al-Rifa'i mosque, Cairo, Egypt. North wall of qibla riwaq, door leading to northeast mausoleum) from [pc] (1869-1910AD, 1286-1328AH)
- E.3840:28-1938 (Cairo, Egypt. Sketchbook by James Wild) from [vami]
- Page 42 (al-Azhar mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Mosaic wall decoration, 970-1753, ) from [hessemer]
- Pages 97-99, reportedly widely used from [critchlow]
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1728 (al-Ghuri, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei]
- Plate 182 from [bourgoin]
- Sale item at Christies (No location, Mamluk or early Ottoman period, Cairo, Egypt. A geometric polychrome marble mosaic panel, 15th-17th century) from [pc] Variant C
- Thesaurus Islamicus Foundation (al-Azhar mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Ottoman riwaqs, body of mihrab) from [pc] Variant B
Collections of similar tilings
Patterns using same tiles: 5